You can unlock your iPhone with a passcode. But that is also possible with Face ID. What Face ID is and how Face ID works? Read on to find out. Also how to quickly set it up.
What is Face ID?
With Face ID you can unlock your iPhone and iPad with a single look. You can also unlock certain apps. Face ID works in addition to a passcode. If your phone does not recognize you, enter the access code.
Face ID is the successor to Touch ID. You use your finger to unlock your iPhone. Face ID works faster. The iPhone also does not need a separate sensor. Therefore, you have more screen space on your iPhone.
Choose what you use Face ID for.
After completing the scan, you can determine what you want to use Face ID for in the Face ID and access code menu. With the slider you can switch these choices on and off:
- Unlock iPhone.
- Purchases from the iTunes Store and App Store.
- Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Autofill password.
You can then also use Face ID for different apps to unlock them quickly.
You can use Face ID with these apps.
More and more apps support Face ID on your iPhone and iPad. This allows you to quickly log in or purchase something. Here are a few apps to set up Face ID for.
The Odido app.
You can keep track of everything quickly and easily. You can log in with Face ID. There you will immediately see your invoices, how many GB you have used this month and more. You can also discover the App-Only Deals here.
Your banking app.
Many popular banking apps support Face ID. This allows you to log in quickly. You can also confirm transactions. This allows you to transfer small amounts more quickly.
Afraid that others will read your WhatsApp messages? You can lock the app and log in with your access code. You can also activate Face ID for it. By looking at your phone you can immediately unlock WhatsApp and see your messages.
Your hidden or deleted photos.
In the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad you have 2 hidden folders. Those are the photos in the Hidden and Recently Deleted albums.
To view these you must unlock them. This can be done with your access code, but also directly with Face ID. This means these photos are well hidden and no one else can accidentally open them.
You can also lock your notes and open them with Face ID. You set this in the Settings. It goes like this:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Notes and then tap Password.
- Choose On My iPhone or On My iPad.
- Now create a separate password or choose Use iPhone Passcode or Use iPad Passcode.
- Move the Use Face ID slider to the right to activate it.
1Password is an app in which you can easily store all your passwords. These are locked behind a password. And you can link the app to Face ID. It works like this:
- Open the 1Password app.
- Choose your account at the top left and then choose Settings.
- Choose Security and turn on Face ID.
- Choose your account again and choose Lock.
- Enter your password to unlock the app. After this you can log in with Face ID.
These iPhone phones have Face ID.
The iPhone X from 2017 is the first iPhone with Face ID. After that it became a standard. You will find Face ID in these iPhone phones:
- iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR.
Face ID not working? You can do this.
Have you set up Face ID, but is it no longer working (properly)? You can do something about that. For example, check whether the camera is not covered and you are clearly in the picture. Doesn’t that solve the problem immediately? Here we have a few more tips when Face ID is not working.