Google TV can be found on smart TVs and in the latest Chromecast. It is the successor to Android TV. You can watch series and movies with it. Read in our blog what you can do with it and how to use it.
What can you do with Google TV?
Google TV is a Google platform. You’ll find it in the latest Chromecast. Many smart TVs also have it. The platform helps you find new content.
You link your Google account to it. Your Google search history helps you find new content. Have you been looking for a movie trailer?
And is that film now available on Videoland? There’s a good chance that Google TV will recommend the film. But films and series from other platforms are also recommended.
This way you can watch a series with Disney+ at one moment. And next time you’ll catch a good movie on Netflix. You spend less time searching with Google TV.
What is the difference between Google TV and Android TV?
Google TV can be seen as the successor to Android TV. Android TV was Google’s first attempt at making the TV smart.
You can use this to download apps and watch new content from that app. Netflix, ViaPlay, YouTube, and Videoland are a few examples. You really discover content in the app.
Google TV works differently. Content is recommended based on your preferences. This is not limited to a single platform. It looks at these actions to recommend something:
- You watched a trailer on YouTube.
- You have added content to your watchlist.
- You watched content on Google Play or Google TV.
- You purchased content on YouTube or Google TV.
- You have selected your favorite streaming services.
- You have searched for a series or film with Google.
- The content is popular in your region.
You can watch Google TV with this Chromecast.
Google TV can be part of your television. But it is also in the latest Chromecast. Both the Google Chromecast HD and the Google Chromecast 4K have Google TV.
This new version of Chromecast also comes with a remote control. You don’t have to use your phone. But that’s allowed. You can send your series and films directly to your TV from your phone.
Connect your phone to the Google TV app.
Do you want to send content from your phone to Google TV? This is how you connect your phone:
- Open the Google TV app on your Android phone.
- At the bottom right, tap Link TV.
- Choose the Google TV or Chromecast to connect to.
- Enter the code you see on the TV screen.
- Finally, tap Pair.
Cast videos to your TV with your phone.
After the connection, you can send your content to your Google TV as follows:
- Connect your phone to the Google TV or Chromecast.
- Open the Google TV app.
- Tap the cast icon at the bottom.
- Choose the film or series you want to watch.
- Tap Watch on TV.
Connect your favorite app to Chromecast.
With Google TV and Chromecast, you can stream content from your phone on the big screen. This works slightly differently per app.
This is how linking your app to Chromecast works. When you get home, you can immediately continue watching your favorite series on the TV.