Do you have an older television in the attic? With the Amazon Fire TV stick, you can transform this TV into a smart TV. This way you can watch TV without cables. Or watch your favorite series. Read on to find out what it is and what you can do with it.
What is an Amazon Fire TV Stick?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick resembles a USB flash drive. But for the HDMI port of the TV. This allows you to download apps and play videos.
Useful if your TV is not a smart TV. The Fire Stick works with WiFi. This way you can use it anywhere in the house. Also on the TV in the attic.
With Wifi Plus you have good and stable internet anytime, anywhere. This way you can watch in the highest quality.
How does the Amazon Fire TV Stick work?
You connect the Fire TV Stick with HDMI. This can be done directly on the TV, but also with an extension cable. Handy if there is little space at the back.
The Fire Stick also requires power via a USB cable. A free socket is useful. Did it work? You can start with the installation. This is how you do it:
- Insert batteries into the remote control.
- Turn on the TV and switch to the correct HDMI channel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to Wi-Fi. You should also download the latest software update.
- Sign in with your Amazon account.
- Success? You can now download and use the apps.
Which Amazon Fire TV Sticks are there?
There are 2 Amazon Fire TV Sticks to choose from. The regular version and the 4K Max version. With both, you stream in Full HD resolution. The 4K Max version has these bonus points:
- Stream with WiFi-6 support. With your WiFi 6 router, you stream smoother and faster.
- Supports 4K resolution.
- Supports Dolby Vision for vivid images.
- Supports picture-in-picture. You can watch your series while seeing the video from your Ring doorbell on a small screen.
What are useful apps for the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
You can download many apps with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. We list a few of the most important apps for you.
Odido TV App
With the Odido TV App on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can watch TV without cable. Here’s how to install and use the app:
- In the apps menu, look for Odido TV.
- Choose install.
- After installation, open the Odido TV App.
- Log in with your TV customer number and TV PIN code. Then you watch live TV.
Lots of streaming apps.
With the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can enjoy your favorite series with apps. Many streaming services have an app. Here are the main examples:
- Amazon Prime Video
Your favorite music.
Enjoy your favorite music with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can download these apps:
With the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can make any TV smart. It works easily and there are many apps. Yet a few are missing.
Such as Videoland , RTL or NPO apps. You do have that with the Google Chromecast. It works about the same and offers slightly more options.
You can also stream from your phone to the TV. Easily send your YouTube video to the TV and watch it with others. This can be done from any telephone.
Whether you have an iPhone or a Samsung phone. With an Unlimited subscription, you can do this anytime, anywhere without having to worry about your data.